Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt. 19:14

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cute Quotes

Little tidbits from the dude overheard by a mommy very much in love with her little man:

"Aunty Cara-Lee! Your ears are burned!"
(after he heard us remark that her ears must have been burning when she called while we were discussing Baby Alford)

Mommy: Tell Aunty Cara-Lee a joke Caleb.
Caleb: A bird was flying and it flew up a dog's bum.

Mommy: Why do Uncle Matt and Mommy have the same birthday? (we had been over this a few times)
Caleb: I don't know.
Mommy: How many babies did Grammy have in her tummy?
Caleb: FIVE!
Grammy (in the front seat): sharp intake of breath and probable smile
Caleb: I had six babies in my tummy!
Mommy: Where are your babies now?
Caleb: They are on an adventure!
Mommy: Do you miss your babies?
Caleb: Oh yes!

Our little dude says the cutest, craziest and sometimes most random things on any given day. They make me smile when I lie down to go to sleep and think about my day. I love to call Brian and tell him something that our dude just shared with me and he loves it when the dude will call and tell it himself. He has discovered jokes lately (yesterdays: A bird was flying around in the sky and he flew down to the dog and said, "Dog, would you like to come and see my nest?" The dog said, "Silly bird. I can't fly. I'm a dog." He really cracks up with this one provided by Daddy) and most of the day he crawls around like a puppy, refuses to answer to anything other than Puppy Caleb and barks a lot. Last night he started to lick my toes (they were freshly bathed, but I did not encourage this practice) and he loves to curl up in Chai's dog bed. He is a very chatty and inquisitive little dude...he asks multitudes of questions about everything all the time! About my driving, why we are doing something, why that building is there, who is that random person, what am I talking about....I am going to remember this picture anytime that I start to lose my patience with the pretty-much non-stop inquisition into everything...3 1/2 years ago I couldn't wait to hear his voice and answer his questions. I love you Caleb!


1 comment:

RickM said...

We may biased but we think he is the dudest. Love the pictures.