My brother, Matthew, and I turned thirty last week! I told Brian a year ago that the only way I could possibly be okay with that, was if I could have an eighties party. He readily agreed and the planning commenced! My totally awesome parents offered to host, so we invaded their beautiful home and turned back time! While a few unexpected date changes and the events of the last few weeks caused a few hiccups, I was really happy with the final results! I have always loved the eighties! The music, the glitz, the glam, the colours! And I am blessed with a husband that loves parties and get-togethers with friends as much as I do. He is a total champ! With that said, I had an amazing birthday day and a totally awesome party! For my fantastic friends that couldn't come, here are the promised pics. And for our totally bodacious friends and family that were able to come...YOU ARE SUPER CHAMPS for playing along! Love you all!!!! Here's to a new decade of fabulous!
This room was awkward to get a good pic...
Our throwback centerpiece with Brian's and my tapes, and Matthew's old toys!
Some more of mine and Matthew's old treasures!
Our totally rockin' candy station with childhood faves of both Matthew and myself.
The totally awesome award for best costume. Stacie totally won!!!
The food table...well, some of the food.
My party rule number one...FEED YOUR PEOPLE! Lots and lots!
Missing a few things still, but looking yummy already!
MIA: jalapeno poppers, salad, pigs in a blanket...and pizza
The bowls say SIKE! and DUDE!
The beverage station...next to it was the dessert. No cake. TRIFLE!!! Yummers!
Those bowls said Totally Awesome and Bodacious!
Rocking the Eighties! I love my man!
Dude! We rock!
John's costume, and sitting position, cracked us all up! Nobody expected Mr Prep to walk in the door and join the party!











No comments:
Post a Comment