So you know how I recently stated that I like to see things in magazines and pretend that I can make something as yummy and pretty but really can't. I might retract that statement tonight. Last night I was perusing a favourite blog, Confessions of a Pioneer Woman (YOU HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT IF YOU NEVER HAVE!-super recipes, homeschooling advice and great humour!), when I saw a post about Peanut Butter Stuffed Hot Fudge Cupcakes (sorry Cara-Lee). It caught my attention. I wanted some. But Brian and I don't eat a lot of baking and it usually just sits around and gets stale. Then it hit me. I had a LifeTalk meeting tonight where we are supposed to bring snacks! HUZZAH!
This afternoon I determined to make the beauties and incorporated the activity into our playdate with the Dennises. It was so much fun baking these scrump-dilly-icious goodies with Caleb and Leah. There are a lot of steps but it was totally worth it in the end. It was great knowing that we would enjoy the one each that we prefer and that the rest of the batch would not be wasted. They were a HUGE hit at the meeting and I highly recommend them to everyone. I personally believe that they are the best dessert I have ever made, at the very least, the best cupcake. You must try them! You have to try them. I even have two left in my fridge and if you call dibs you just might get one!
I usually subsitute out a lot of things (applesauce for oil, greek yogurt for sour cream, agave syrup for sugar etc etc) but I felt the need to leave these as is. So they are not waist-friendly, but they made us smile and how bad can it be if you only eat one?
Love to you all! GO GET THE RECIPE (the link to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman is on my sidebar!)!!!!
And these pictures were too adorable to leave out of the post:
Precious!
Caleb still envisions a future as Buzz Lightyear.




1 comment:
I just love the way our little man loves to dress up and play pretend. xo grammy
Post a Comment