I hope and pray that you all had a wonderful Fourth of July! Ours was fun and special despite its imperfections. One of the blogs I read talked recently about embracing things not always being perfect, not always turning out just right every time. And our fourth certainly qualifies as an imperfect post. I was in excruciating pain the night before so I woke up well aware that I would not be able to do the themed breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus fun activities and decoration and the whole nine yards. I so want to get back to the point where I can make a whole day out of it. But for now, we took it slow!
Last July 4th Caleb got to wake up with his friends Trevor and Tatum and eat a fun red, white and blue breakfast before they were picked up by their parents. This year we got to wake up with their baby brother Trey! He was the perfect houseguest...so quiet and peaceful. Caleb relished the opportunity to take care of him and we all got a kick out of how much he loved our ceiling fan. Brian got to sleep in so I spent a wonderful early morning with two of my favourite dudes!
Keeping in mind my limitations I set about to make a fun patriotic lunch. This is where the imperfection really kicks in. I wanted to make Rocket Dogs for my men, but not having done them before, I think I used too much dough. Plus, their disinclination to yummies like mustard took away fun decorations. But guess what. Caleb loved them! He asks for them every day. So imperfect or not, I still made his day. I also made some marshmallow treats that looked like Eagle heads. Again, my dudes don't like coconut, so I improvised.
After a very leisurely day we headed over to Castle Hills at 5pm for Caleb's first parade and some bounce house fun. Unlike so many Independence Days, it did not hit 100 degrees this year and it was somewhat tolerable to venture outdoors! We did take the dude home to bed but put him in the car and woke him up for the fireworks. Boy does that child love fireworks. They started WAY later than they were supposed to, but the wait turned out to be worthwhile...especially when the sprinklers in the field next to ours went off and caught a lot of spectators off guard! So funny y'all! One poor guy had his chair positioned right over the sprinkler head. Caleb thought the squeals were quite entertaining. And yes, we did move our chairs off the field after that.
Happy Belated Fourth Loved Ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment