Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt. 19:14

Sunday, October 16, 2011

NOT THE 100s!

Yes oh yes oh yes! Texas broke the 100 degree heat and it would appear that it is gone...until next year...which we won't think about right now. HUZZAH! We have survived the hottest and driest summer in Texas history. We are in heaven with our high 80s and emerging from the cocoon of our homes, aka summer prison. I love fall! AND I just now discovered that the fall colours I have missed so much in the last 15 years are a mere few hours north and NOBODY TOLD ME! A quick trip to Arkansas with a friend for consignment business revealed to me this beautiful truth. Why didn't y'all tell me? Seriously? You heard me complain! I am already planning a fall vacay in Arakansas for next year....

In other Alford news, CALEB IS SPLINT FREE! Wahoo! He was at my parent's house for two days while I was out of town and his last day with them was also his first day without the splint. I had told him the morning before that he wouldn't have to wear it and wasn't sure if he really got it. I can't believe I still underestimate our dude. He woke up about 3am and called my Mom into his room (yes, my parent's have a fully decorated and equiped Caleb room...they rock that much). He then stated something like "Grammy. Tomorrow is going to be a great day. I won't have to wear my splint and my arm will be all new." I LOVE OUR DUDE! Mom told me that on the phone and my five hour return drive suddenly seemed unbearably long!

The end of September was fun and I can't believe I have to do another "update" due to lack of blog upkeep. My brother and Dad will have a hay-day with that...So here we go:

The Alford Bed and Breakfast was open for business again and this time we got to keep Leah (3) and her sister Emily (9 months) for a day and a night. We had so much fun with two girls in the house and quickly whisked them off to McKinney's Octoberfest (with Grammy, Pop and Chai in tow). Brian and I swapped pushing a very heavy double stroller and I spent an afternoon with Emily strapped to my chest in a snuggly. Not only did we survive, but we thrived. The older kiddos got their faces painted and neither one would cooperate for a picture afterward, so these are the best I could do (it doesn't help that Caleb seems very anti-camera lately...):

Leah was so super excited the entire time we stood in line but got really shy when it was her turn...so Superhero Brian saved the day. She got a bunny rabbit...

...and Caleb got a dalmation puppy....that smudged almost immediately as he insisted on a Mommy cuddle while I had Emily in the snuggly...I managed. I think little dude was a little threatened by baby girl....(wow. I use a lot of "....s". Oh well.)

And boy oh boy check out baby girl's eyes! She is one of my little joy-bringers!

We couldn't get Leah out of the stroller in time to get a picture of both of them...and it isn't like Caleb was thrilled with the idea of a picture anyway...Can you tell?

And only a few short days later we had another wonderful event in our little Alford world...Heather and Nathan (and Trevor and Tatum) welcomed baby number three to their family and IT IS SO EXCITING!  I guess this would consitute a much bigger event in the Towers' world! I lay claim to Baby Trey whenever I can and Heather lets me! She is an amazing and generous friend! Caleb and I all but ran up to the hospital the day Trey arrived and I just love the picture of Caleb and Ben tolerating life in a hospital room...

Thank Goodness for IPads!

ISN'T HE JUST PERFECT?!
Heather...YOU HAVE ANOTHER BABY! WOW!

Just a reminder that Caleb is still our most perfect goofball...and still a big Buzz Lightyear fan!

Fall means crafts! Right? Of course it does! We made these turkeys out of pinecones Caleb gathered at his Grandmom and Grandad's house in Houston. It was his idea to use feathers and I love how they turned out. The leaf bouquet was proudly presented to me by my dude on the day Brian thinned out our trees. I love my leaf bouquet.

Stay Tuned For October Fun! Coming Very Soon!


No comments: