Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt. 19:14

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Passing the Torch

When Brian was little, he apparently lived in the land of GI Joe. I have heard many stories of their adventures together. He has carefully saved a few of his treasures (he says it is maybe a third of what he used to have) and on January 5th passed them on to our dude. I was so excited to witness this precious moment. He is learning their names and will very proudly point out who helps build bridges and whatever else. He is soaking it all in!
His imaginative play skills are in full force and it is so much fun to watch and be a part of! He loves his action figures and pretending to be a fireman, saving the day! Imaginext makes this amazing line of toys called Rescue Heroes (which Caleb loves!) and they are fantastic. Caleb has seamlessly merged them with his new GI friends and come up with all sorts of interesting scenarios already!  I can't wait to watch my dudes get lost in their own land of GI Joe...and firemen.



p.s. Cute note: Caleb watches his Rescue Heros DVDs so that he can "learn how to be a fireman when I grow up." SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: