Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt. 19:14

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Puppy Party

Oh yes we did. We threw Chai Qi a birthday party today!

For those of you not in the know (which means you haven't read enough blog entries...shame on you!), Chai Qi is my parent's adorable miniature poodle. She joined our family last March and I love how much my parents have embraced pet ownership. There was no doubt that we would have a party for Chai either. I think my Mom and I just assumed we were both on board and never so much as questioned it. So yes, we are those people. Yes, we had a puppy party! And yes, it was fun and Caleb totally dug the whole thing!

Yesterday, my Mom, Caleb and I made a dog birthday cake. We found a recipe online which was easy-breezy and it turned out really well. While it was tasty-ish, my Mom very generously made us a people cake too. I made Chai's cake into the shape of a bone the best I could and voila, Party Time! Caleb got to pick the theme and he quickly chose Tinkerbell. Not so bad since we could recycle the candles from Mom's party last year (also the Dude's doing). Chai's friend Max joined the fun and brought along his parents, John and Marilyn (family friends). My Mom even had a favour bag for Max! An honest-to-goodness doggy bag, ha ha! Overall, a very successful puppy party. So there!

Chai's Peanut Butter Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Our yummilicious people cake!

Oh yes. We had party hats!

Happy Birthday Chai!

She had some help with the candles.
(Caleb took care of the ones on our cake)

They loved it! They licked the bowls so clean they shone!

We love you Chai Qi!!!!

No comments: