Do y'all remember your first crush? I do. His name was Colin (Chrystal, you know who I am talking about!) and I told everyone in grade one that he was my boyfriend. This might have been news to him. Since I have a twin brother, our house saw a fair share of cute boys my age, much to the glee of my girlfriends. I got to invite Colin to my birthday party because I shared the party with Matthew. Ah. Memories.
Well, Caleb has his first crush and I think it is so adorable. I just get gooey when I see him display his affections and giggle with the other Moms at how cute he and his lady are together. She showed up in his Friday morning "church school" a few weeks ago and apparently they have been attached at the hip every since. Their teacher loves it and has so many stories for me at pick up time. Caleb's little lady is precious and quiet and shy. No doubt our nurturing dude was drawn to her for those reasons. He is the first one to find hurt, tired or shy children on playgrounds and at playdates. He has declared himself the protector of various little lady friends and loves on all babies that he can get his hands on.
When it came time to make our Valentines last week, I asked Caleb who would get one. His first answer was "Aiva." But then he immediately informed me that his robot valentines (from Pottery Barn Kids and TOTALLY cute) were not girly enough for her and she needed a special one. She was the only one to get a homemade card. He very proudly presented it to her on Friday. His teachers and I melted on the spot. Later I learned that he kept his arm around her all day and rubbed her back and that she would give him big neck hugs. Not a day goes by where we don't hear about her...it might be more accurate to say that a few hours don't go by. My four year old has a crush. It makes me smile.


1 comment:
Yes, I know who you mean :)
And Caleb, what a sweetheart! Nori-Lyn and Brian, you have a very special little man you are raising, and who ever God has lined up to be his Bride one day, will be outrageously blessed!
Thanks for sharing the blossoming buds of wee love :)
Miss Chrystal
Post a Comment